Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
Resources for Students
We offer a number of undergraduate political science study options. You can
- obtain a four-year B.A. major in political science
- obtain a three-year B.A. with a concentration in political science
- as a visiting student, earn credits towards a credential at another university
- enroll in a course(s) for personal interest
First, political science at Athabasca University offers you an opportunity to better understand
- society and how decisions are made within your own and other societies.
- the impact of globalization upon society and government
Second, there are opportunities for employment. For example, there is a looming demand for public sector workers following a decade of downsizing and the pending retirement of baby boom generation civil servants. Governments will be hiring thousands of new workers in the next few years.
What will a B.A. in Political Science give me?
As a B.A. in Political Science graduate, you
- will be prepared to engage in politics and the process of governing at all levels
- will have honed your analytical, creative writing, communication, and research skills
- can open doors to a career in
- government at any level
- education and public relations
- or as analysts or researchers in international and non-governmental organization
This degree serves your educational and professional needs, be it in the public, private, or non-profit sectors in Canada and globally.
Student & Academic Services - Last Updated February 04, 2013